Palma Ceia SemiDesign (PCS), is a fast-growing, fabless semiconductor company, focused on developing highly integrated Wi-Fi 6 chipsets. We require senior RTL2GDSII digital implementation engineers to join our team of experienced design engineers in Cambridge, UK. Successful candidates will have proven knowledge and experience of physical implementation of digital designs including some or all of the following tasks: synthesis, DfT insertion, floor-planning, place & route, LEC, DRC/LVS, and STA. There may also be opportunities for digital design tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with digital design engineers and other RTL2GDSII engineers to produce highly optimized, power efficient, area efficient digital implementations for integration into SoCs.
- Could be front-end focused (synthesis, DFT insertion, constraints, LEC) or back-end focused (floor-planning, place & route, STA, DRC/LVS) depending on experience.
- Work with design engineers and packaging engineers to ensure a high performance and cost effective overall SoC solution.
- Potential for involvement in digital RTL design if candidate also has experience in this area.
- Peer review of colleagues’ work.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering or a related subject
- Proficient in either front-end or back-end implementation tools (either Cadence or Synopsys based flows)
- Proven ability to perform complex digital implementation tasks in an SoC context
- Familiarity with design for test issues, packaging issues, and low power methodologies
- Masters degree or higher
- Proficient in both front-end and back-end digital implementation tools
- Proficient in DFT insertion methodologies
- Proficient in low power methodologies
- Experience of top-level chip integration, including complex analogue macros
- Experience of tape-out flow
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team-player
- Can-do attitude
- Mind-set to produce high quality, maintainable work
- A willingness to get involved in whatever needs doing
- Job Site: Cambridge, UK
- Email resumes to: email@example.com.
- No calls. EOE.