Palma Ceia SemiDesign (PCS), is a fast-growing, fabless semiconductor company, focused on complete integrated Wi-Fi solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) marketplace. PCS is seeking embedded software engineers to join the existing team in Cambridge, UK, to develop and maintain products based on the latest WiFi (802.11) standards. Successful candidates will have knowledge and experience of embedded software development, ideally in the field of wireless communication systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Embedded software development in C.
- Development of new code and products.
- Maintenance of existing code base.
- Development of python regression tests.
- Development of ‘host’-side (windows / linux) drivers.
- Peer review of colleagues’ work.
- Support Inter-Operability testing (unplug fest).
- Support customers.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronic engineering, or a related subject
- Deep experience of software development in C within an embedded environment
- Familiarity with software development for ARM and/or RISC-V
- Experience of professional methodologies for software development and verification within a team environment
- Master’s degree or higher
- Experience of software development specifically for wireless communication systems (e.g. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular, etc.)
- Bringing-up and debugging software stacks running on custom ICs
- Experience of attending plugfests / unplugfests to perform interoperability testing of complex wireless systems
- Some proven ability to interact and support lead customers with software related issues
- Strong team-player
- Can-do attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to get involved in whatever needs doing
- Willingness to travel, if needed
- Job Site: Cambridge, UK
- Email resumes to: email@example.com.
- No calls. EOE.