Palma CEIA SemiDesign, Inc. (PCS) is a fabless semiconductor company offering modem chips, transceivers, systems, and IP for emerging Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Wi-Fi and cellular RF markets.
Palma Ceia SemiDesign is seeking embedded software engineers to join their team of experienced silicon design engineers in Cambridge, UK. Successful candidates will have extensive knowledge and experience of embedded software development, ideally in the field of wireless communication systems. Experience of building software regression testing systems would be an advantage.
- Embedded software development, typically in C, for wireless communication stacks. The software will be primarily focused on higher layers of the software stack, above the MAC and including the OS platform, but will require involvement in verifying the whole stack operation and performance
- Contribute to the software development environment and issue tracking system
- Work with third-parties who will provide some of the lower layers of the stack
- Contribute to development of software regression test systems
- Peer review of colleagues’ work
- Close collaboration with IC design team including analogue/RF designers and digital designers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronic engineering or a related subject
- Deep experience of software development in C within an embedded environment
- Familiarity with software development for ARM and/or RISC-V
- Experience of professional methodologies for software development and verification within a team environment
- Some proven ability to interact and support lead customers with software related issues
- Masters degree or higher
- Experience of software development specifically for wireless communication systems (e.g. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cellular, etc.)
- Development of software regression testing environments
- Bringing-up and debugging software stacks running on custom ICs
- Attending plugfests/unplugfests to perform interoperability testing of complex wireless systems
- Job Site: Cambridge, UK
- Email resumes to: email@example.com.
- No calls. EOE.
- For all UK based positions – Recruitment agencies, please do NOT send us unsolicited CVs, as we have appointed a dedicated recruitment partner in the UK. If you do so, we reserve the right to contact the candidate directly and your T&Cs will not apply.