Palma Ceia SemiDesign (PCS), is a fast-growing, fabless semiconductor company, focused on complete integrated Wi-Fi and LTE solutions for the IoT marketplace. We require senior laboratory characterisation engineers to join their team of experienced silicon design engineers in Cambridge, UK. Successful candidates will have extensive knowledge and experience of radio system verification, detailed component laboratory characterisation, production test and standards conformance testing as well as the ability to design and optimise test modules and evaluation boards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ownership and management of laboratory environment for test and characterization of radio ICs.
- Development of full suite of laboratory characterisation tests to demonstrate correct performance of underlying silicon.
- Organisation of standardisation and interoperability testing.
- Preparation of formal test report documentation.
- Procuring and maintaining calibrated test equipment.
- Peer review of colleague’s work.
- Close collaboration with other IC design disciplines: analogue and RF design, DSP design, ATE test, software development and applications engineers.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering or a related subject
- Knowledge of radio architectures and performance metrics
- Preparation for chip bring-up and associated proceedures
- Proficient in the use of standard RF laboratory test equipment
- Proficient in the use of Matlab (or equivalent scripting languages) for control of test equipment
- Proven ability to understand radio systems sufficiently to efficiently design tests and debug circuit issues seen on silicon
- Design, schematic capture, layout and debugging of RF test modules and PCBs
- Co-ordinating standard testing, unplugfest, interoperability testing, etc.
- Masters degree or higher
- Good understanding on analogue and digital IC design methodologies and circuit architectures
- Proficient in mathematical modelling of on-chip imperfections e.g. coupling paths, distortion paths
- Development of demonstration systems (hardware and software)
- Knowledge of ATE test systems and analysis of test and yield data
- Development of on-chip radio control and calibration algorithms
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team-player
- Can-do attitude
- A willingness to get involved in whatever needs doing
- Group leader experience
- Job Site: Cambridge, UK
- Email resumes to: email@example.com.
- No calls. EOE.