Palma CEIA SemiDesign, Inc. (PCS) is a fabless semiconductor company offering modem chips, transceivers, systems and IP for emerging Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Wi-Fi and cellular RF markets.
Palma Ceia SemiDesign is seeking Senior DSP engineers to join their team of experienced radio design engineers in Cambridge, UK. Qualified candidates must demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience in specifying and implementing signal processing algorithms for a range of radio communications standards as well as a deep understanding of the digital design requirements of radio modems.
- Ownership of specifications, architectural design, modeling, implementation, verification, test and debug of signal processing algorithms for complex radio systems
- Conversion of DSP algorithms into RTL and/or DSP processor control code
- Optimization of DSP implementations for performance / power consumption / silicon area
- Peer reviews of colleagues’ work
- Close collaboration with other IC design disciplines: analog and RF design, digital design, ATE test, software development and applications engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering or a related subject
- Proficient in the use of Matlab for system modeling and simulation
- Proficient in implementing DSP algorithms in RTL code or in software for a DSP processor
- Proven ability to convert radio standards requirements into digital system specifications
- Detailed knowledge of digital system requirements for existing radio standards, preferably to include WiFi or LTE/NB-IoT
- Master’s degree or higher
- WiFi MAC digital system design and implementation
- RTL coding of hardened modem functionality e.g. Viterbi decoder, AGC control or pre-distortion
- Implementation of low-level radio control software
- Proficient in the use of mixed-mode simulation tools for verifying mixed-signal systems
- High-frequency embedded digital control and processing logic for digital functionality within radio subsystems
- Job Site: Cambridge, UK
- Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No calls. EOE.