This key role will involve the planning coordination and program management of product development activities to ensure projects are delivered on time, to the stated quality and within budget according to a managed plan. The role will encompass close interaction with multiple stakeholders including R&D (RFIC, Digital IC, Embedded Software & Systems), Operations, Finance and Customer Support based in Cambridge, the US, and China and reporting regularly on milestones and objectives to the senior leadership team. Reporting to the EVP Program Management, you will be responsible for delivering the R&D project programs. You will lead the effectiveness and efficiency of PCS’s R&D product delivery to clients, driving continuous improvements with the goal of increasing technical operational efficiencies and product delivery.
- Working with R&D and marketing to create and develop project proposals and plans for all products.
- Managing the execution of project plans and programs on time, within budget and to quality standards.
- Establishing, driving, and maintaining the overall program plan including regular program reporting to both internal and external teams.
- Monitoring and driving all milestones, tracking on a regular basis. Highlighting issues and deriving options for their resolution.
- Manage Risk.
- Leading and managing cross-functional teams across multiple locations to deliver the program.
- Maintaining program budgets and highlighting changes versus the plan.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of successfully managing complex projects: Budget, Schedule, and Scope
- Significant experience in semiconductor/engineering environment
- Familiar with all methods of project management – Waterfall, Agile and its variants
- First-class experience of managing new product programs involving cost roadmaps, product execution on time, on cost, and to quality standards
- Strong commercial awareness with previous experience of budget responsibility
- Previous experience of working with global cross-functional teams consisting of engineering, marketing, sales, customer support, and operations
- Experience of managing in growth periods
- An engineering degree, preferably with a masters or a doctorate
- PMP Certified
- Master’s degree or higher
- Knowledge of wireless IC development (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, IoT, LTE, 5G) would be a distinct advantage, but not essential
- Experience and knowledge of IC and specifically modern mixed-signal design, development, and product delivery, ideally having been a design engineer who has transitioned into project/program management. Development of software regression testing environments
- Experience of working with IC fabrication, assembly and test organizations, third party and/or external contract resource companies
- Experience of working with satellite teams in different locations/countries
- Aware of ISO 9000 processes and quality methods
- Positive can-do can-do character, is robust and, keen to accept new challenges
- Drives change
- Someone who can see through the detail address the real issues and get things done
- The successful candidate will be a great teammate and have an ability to network multitask plan and communicate to get results
- Ability to listen and persuade at the highest levels
- Recognised and trusted individual with high integrity
- Ability to operate at a strategic level, combined with a results-driven attitude
- Willingness to work in a start-up environment and be a team player
- Job Site: Cambridge, UK
- Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No calls. EOE.