Palma Ceia Semi-Design (PCS), is a fast-growing, fabless semiconductor company, focused on complete integrated Wi-Fi and LTE solutions for the IoT marketplace. We require senior-level product/Quality engineers to join their Silicon Operations team in Cambridge, UK.
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience of semiconductor product NPI, qualification, manufacturing ramp.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure the smooth transition of products from early-stage sampling to high volume production on time and within the quality and cost expectations of the company.
- Plan and execute qualification and reliability programs for a range of new products to recognized industry standards such as JEDEC.
- Plan and execute initial ramp to production.
- Processes and Procedures: create suitable product procedures required including but not limited to product NPI & ramp.
- Establish effective business systems for quality assurance including product qualification, pre-production ramp (safe launch), risk analysis.
- Reviews product discrepancies or build/yield issues (RMA); perform investigation and root cause analysis (e.g. 8D), coordinate with manufacturing and engineering to drive problem resolution.
- Write/revise internal procedures and instructions as needed to ensure quality standards are met and in support of continuous improvement.
Provide guidance to all team members and ready business to achieve and retain ISO 9001 certification.
Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS degree Physics, EE or equivalent industrial experience
- Minimum 4 years of direct experience high tech manufacturing environment
- Experience with quality management systems
- Familiarity with electronic manufacturing systems particularly in the Semiconductor industry
- Strong knowledge of product qualification methods incl. FA
- Familiarity with the design
- Experience with NPI processes involved in a fabless semiconductor company
- Working with external suppliers/partners
- Silicon Foundry and OSAT experience
- Statistical analysis – e.g. JMP
- Good understanding of analog/RF and digital IC design methodologies and circuit architectures
- Familiarity with fab tape-out process
- Test engineering knowledge
- Package substrate design
- Knowledge of BT, Wi-Fi, Zigbee or nb-IoT
- Effective use of Microsoft Office presentation tools – Word, PowerPoint, and Excel plus Outlook and Teams
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Strong team-player
- Can-do attitude
- Ability to work independent of management, yet within a team environment of constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work on multiple quality projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to get involved in whatever needs doing
- Knowledge of Mandarin
- Job Site: Cambridge, UK
- Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No calls. EOE.