Palma Ceia SemiDesign (PCS), is a fast-growing, fabless semiconductor company, focused on developing highly integrated Wi-Fi 6 chipsets. We require senior digital design engineers to join our team of experienced design engineers in Cambridge, UK. Successful candidates will have proven knowledge and experience of specifying, implementing and verifying digital sub-systems within SoCs, preferably including SoCs for wireless communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Specification, architectural design, RTL design and verification of digital blocks within a complex mixed-signal SoC.
- Contribution to overall system architecture and design of the digital part of a mixed-signal SoC.
- Peer review of colleagues’ work.
- Close collaboration with other IC design disciplines: analogue and RF design, DSP design and software development.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering or a related subject
- Proficient in coding Verilog/VHDL for efficient, synthesisable RTL
- Proficient in using scripting languages e.g. perl, bash, tcl etc.
- Proven ability to implement a variety of components of a typical digital system, e.g. processor and memory interfaces, host interfaces, etc.
- Familiarity with design for test and synthesis
- Familiarity with developing low-level C software for test purposes
- Masters degree or higher
- RTL implementation of hardened modem functionality e.g. digital filters, Viterbi decoder, AGC control, pre-distortion, etc.
- Proficient in the use of Matlab for system modelling and simulation
- Proficient in using digital DfT and synthesis tools
- Proficient in using FPGA test environments for design verification
- Proficient in C software
- Knowledge of digital system requirements for existing Radio Standards, preferably to include WiFi
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team-player
- Can-do attitude
- Mind-set to produce high quality, maintainable designs
- A willingness to get involved in whatever needs doing
- Job Site: Cambridge, UK
- Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No calls. EOE.