Palma CEIA SemiDesign, Inc. (PCS) is a fabless semiconductor company offering modem chips, transceivers, systems and IP for emerging Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Wi-Fi and cellular RF markets.
Palma Ceia SemiDesign is seeking senior digital design engineers to join their team of experienced radio design engineers in Cambridge, UK. Successful candidates will have extensive knowledge and experience in specifying and implementing digital base-band ICs or mixed-mode SoCs for a range of radio communications standards as well as a deep understanding of the digital design requirements of radio modems.
- Ownership of specification, architectural design, modeling, implementation, verification, test and debug of the digital radio subsystem within a complex mixed-mode SoC
- RTL coding, synthesis and verification of complete digital implementation within SoC
- Overseeing digital physical design and implementation to include DFM and DFT
- Peer review of colleagues’ work
- Close collaboration with other IC design disciplines: analog and RF design, DSP design, ATE test, software development, and applications engineers
- Bachelors degree in electronic engineering or a related subject
- Proficient in the use of Matlab for system modeling and simulation
- Proficient in coding Verilog/VHDL for efficient, synthesizable RTL
- Proficient in running timing simulations, conducting STA and closing timing.
- Strong knowledge of digital physical implementation.
- Proficient in using scripting languages e.g. perl, bash, tcl etc.
- Proven ability to convert radio standards requirements into digital system specification
- Proven ability to implement many components of the digital system, e.g. processor and memory interfaces, peripheral IOs.
- Detailed knowledge of digital system requirements for existing Radio Standards, preferably to include WiFi or LTE/NB-IoT
- Masters degree or higher
- RTL coding of hardened modem functionality e.g. digital filters, Viterbi decoder, AGC control or pre-distortion
- Implementation of low-level radio control software
- Proficient in the use of mixed-mode simulation tools for verifying mixed signal systems
- High frequency embedded digital control and processing logic for digital functionality within radio subsystems
- Proficient in the use of digital synthesis tools.
- Proficient in the use of FPGA test environments for design verification
- Job Site: Cambridge, UK
- Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No calls. EOE.