Palma Ceia SemiDesign, Inc. (PCS) is a fabless semiconductor company offering modem chips, transceivers, systems and IP for emerging Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Wi-Fi and cellular RF markets.
Palma Ceia SemiDesign is seeking Senior Radio Systems Engineers to join their team of experienced radio IC design engineers in Cambridge, UK. Qualified candidates will have knowledge and experience in specifying and modeling wireless communications systems, as well as a good understanding of the principles and design techniques for radios and modems.
Candidates must demonstrate broad systems-level capability for helping to specify, model, bring-up and debug the overall wireless SoC design, through collaboration with design teams. Job responsibilities include:
- Working with the analog/RF circuit design team to specify, simulate and debug the radio IC architecture and detailed design
- Working with the Digital Signal Processing team to specify, model, implement and debug modem algorithms
- Working with the digital design team to specify and implement relevant aspects of the digital design that relate to the modem functionality or interface with the analog/RF circuit design
- Working with the software team to implement low-level driver interfaces between software stacks and the underlying hardware
An ability to become productive in new technical areas, and to work effectively across multiple teams, is essential for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering, mathematics, physics or a related subject
- Proficient in the use of Matlab for system modeling and simulation
- Proficient in the use of C for low-level embedded code
- Knowledge of DSP algorithms and digital RTL implementation
- Detailed knowledge of system requirements for existing radio standards, preferably to include WiFi or LTE/NB-IoT
- Master’s degree or higher
- Experienced in developing production-quality software for SoCs
- DSP algorithm development and implementation
- Experienced in the bring-up and debug of SoCs for wireless communications
- Job Site: Cambridge, UK
- Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No calls. EOE.